This event is designed for photonics and electronics companies who are considering a research collaboration to harness the innovation opportunities of III-nitride semiconductors.
Join us in Sheffield on Monday 13th January 2020 to discover more about:
- our latest technology and research insights
- our world-class facilities
- funding opportunities and support for collaborative R&D from The University of Sheffield
- sponsoring PhD studentships through our new Centre for Doctoral Training
The Centre for GaN Materials and Devices is part of the EPSRC Future Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing Hub which aims to establish the UK as the primary global research and manufacturing Hub for Compound Semiconductor technologies. We’ll also be training future scientists and engineers as a partner institution (with Cardiff University, The University of Manchester and UCL) for the new EPSRC Centre for Doctoral training in Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing.
Working with industry
Working with business and the wider community is at the heart of the University’s mission. We can offer a wide range of services to commercial companies including:
- Large and small scale collaborative R&D
- Tailored membership agreements
- Targeted research programs
- Training and consultancy in all aspects of advanced semiconductor design and manufacture
- Provision of services such as epitaxial materials, device fabrication and advanced material charaterisation
- Funding advice and practical support.
Register to secure your place
Attendance at the open day is free but places are limited so please register to secure your place.
For more information about the day please contact Katherine Greenacre on 0114 2225196.