Major breakthroughs in the fabrication of microLEDs
We develop cutting-edge technologies and perform advanced research on III-nitride materials and devices. Based in the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at The University of Sheffield we are keen to share research insights, build successful partnerships and strengthen links with industry and academia.
Press coverage and features.Read more
- Ultrasmall, Ultracompact and Ultrahigh Efficient InGaN Micro Light Emitting Diodes (μLEDs) with Narrow Spectral Line Width J. Bai, Y. Cai, P. Feng, P. Fletcher, C. Zhu, Y. Tian, and T. Wang, ACS Nano, 14, 6, 6906–6911 (2020), doi: 10.1021/acsnano.0c01180
- Non-polar (11-20) GaN metal-semiconductor-metal photo-detectors with superior performance on silicon, Y. Cai, S. Shen, C. Zhu, X. Zhao, J. Bai, and T. Wang, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, Just Accepted Manuscript, 14, 6, 6906–6911 (2020), doi: 10.1021/acsami.0c04890
- Optical polarization properties of (11–22) semi-polar InGaN LEDs with a wide spectral range N. Poyiatzis, J. Bai, R. M. Smith, M. Athanasiou, S. Ghataora & T. Wang, Scientific Reports volume 10, Article number: 7191 (2020), doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-64196-w
- Exploring an approach toward the intrinsic limits of GaN electronics, S. Jiang, Y. Cai, P. Feng, S. Shen, X. Zhao, P. Fletcher, V. Esendag, K. Lee & T. Wang, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces (2020), doi: 10.1021/acsami.9b19697
- A Direct Epitaxial Approach To Achieving Ultrasmall and Ultrabright InGaN Micro Light-Emitting Diodes (μLEDs), J. Bai, Y. Cai, P. Feng, P. Fletcher, X. Zhao, C. Zhu, & T. Wang, ACS Photonics (2020), doi: 10.1021/acsphotonics.9b01351
View all publications by year...
We offer the full project life cycle for industry collaboration – from design, advanced epitaxy growth, device fabrication and characterisation to testing.Read more
Applications are invited for a fully-funded 3.5 year PhD studentship to work on fabrication and characterisation of monolithic on-chip integration of III-nitride photonics and electronics.
EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing
You get two degrees from our program – an MSc and a PhD – both are fully funded and include a stipend.